The Tour Specialists Tour Blog
Great Barrier Reef Tour – 2 in One Great Adventure At Great Value!
Posted on July 3, 2015 by Sophie Tabouel
Imagine you have just arrived in Cairns Queensland, Australia. You don’t have very much time to see and do all that the region has to offer, but you have heard that the Outer Barrier Reef offers the best for scuba diving and snorkelling. However, someone else told you that Green Island is a must-see and you simply cannot miss it. What do you do? Well there is an answer! We now have a 2 in 1 reef deal that is the perfect package for those visitors short on time and big on adventure and on a budget. This is the one and only 2 in 1 offer for Green Island and the Outer Barrier Reef on the same day. As an added bonus, this is the only Green Island tour that can offer exclusive use of the Green island swimming pool, perfect for the youngest members of the family and the trip includes meals and snorkel equipment!
It is simply the best value Great Barrier Reef Tour available in Cairns!
The Great Adventures Cruises 2 in 1 Deal Reef Experience
The day starts with an 8.00am check-in at the Reef Fleet Terminal on Cairns Marlin Marina. The friendly Great Adventures Cruise team will process your pre-paid reef tickets, and direct you to the modern and comfortable Great Adventures Catamaran. On the reef boat , hot tea and coffee is provided to revitalize you after that early wake up! As the boat pulls away from the dock, Great Adventures dedication to its customers is obvious as the tour desk staff send you off with a friendly wave and big smiles. After a comfortable 45 minutes passage over to Green Island, you will disembark in a tropical paradise where you will have two hours to soak up the sun and explore this green emerald island. Your Great Barrier Reef experience begins; the lucky ones will spot a turtle from the jetty, those that don’t will still be amazed at the clear, calm water that reflects the teeming sea life beneath it.
Snorkel in paradise on Green Island
Green Island has become the favourite for visitors and locals alike, because of its picturesque beaches, its easy accessibility and its relatively short boat ride from the Cairns mainland. Surrounded by turquoise waters, the island has a healthy rainforest and endless activities to keep everyone happy. You can spend your free time lying on the beach or beside the pool, working on those tan lines! Or you can snorkel right off the beach, spotting everyone’s favourite sea critter, the turtle. You can wander the island’s self-guided walking trail, stopping for your free brochure at the information centre. Your free time on Green Island is also the perfect opportunity to start working on that bucket list you have been meaning to finish! So… Why not do something you have never done before?
- Parasailing – if you have always wondered what it would be like to parasail, now is your chance to find out! Pre-booking this activity is always recommended as it is extremely popular. Skipping the uncomfortable harness, parasailing uses a two person cushioned seat, allowing you to go up with your best mate, your favourite sibling or even your mother! This activity takes the fear out of the equation as you rise above the reef, getting the best view imaginable of the Cairns Coastline, Green Island and the Coral Sea. It will be the best 10 minutes of your life and will leave you wondering; why don’t they use this as the new form of transport?
- Scenic Helicopter Flight Green Island – 10 minute scenic flights are available on the island, if you want the ultimate island experience! Soaring above the island, you get a real appreciation of the colours and shapes that form this heritage listed phenomenon
- Seawalker – This new way of experiencing the reef is taking over the globe. You can walk the ocean floor like you were born with gills using these cleverly designed helmets, without even getting your hair wet! Ideal for non-swimmers, you do not need to operate any equipment, just enjoy the under-water view.
- Other activity options available on Green Island include Scuba Diving, a boat snorkel trip, a glass bottom boat tour and the renowned Marineland Melanesia; but remember, you only have two hours to admire the beauty of Green Island and then it’s off to the Outer Barrier Reef!
Great Adventures Outer Barrier Reef Pontoon
After you have made the most of your two hours on Green Island, you board the Great Adventures boat for the next exciting leg of your reef trip adventure! If you have not had your fill of sunshine yet, you can make the most of the boats top deck open air seating or take advantage of the main decks cool air-conditioning and bar. Some delicious cake is served, but don’t fill up too much because a full buffet luncheon is served on board the floating pontoon platform!
After you have settled in, the lunch buffet will open serving hot and cold dishes and tropical fruits. You will have two full hours to make the most of the in water activities offered by Great Adventures, which includes unlimited snorkelling and a semi-submersible submarine tour. As with Green Island, here you have option extras you can take advantage of, such as…
- Scuba Diving – If you have thought about trying your hand at scuba diving, but didn’t like the cost or the time it takes, then why not try an introductory dive? These dives are great introductions to scuba diving, without the commitment of a full dive course. You will be in safe hands with a qualified scuba dive instructor, with a maximum of only 3 other learners.
- Scuba-Doo Underwater Scooter – Great Adventures outer barrier reef pontoon is the only place in Australia where you can try this unique Scuba Doo activity! These devices are literally underwater scooters; the user wears an oxygen supplied helmet and rides the scooter with a professional guide. A truly memorable experience on the Great Barrier Reef.
- Guided Snorkel Tour – This tour takes your snorkelling to the next level, with a knowledgeable reef interpreter guiding the way as you go exploring the maze that is the Great Barrier Reef. If you would like to come home with a little more knowledge and a little more understanding of the reef system, then this is the activity for you!
- Scenic Helicopter Flight – Great Adventures has teamed with GBR Helicopters to provide amazing 10 minute scenic flights over the Great Barrier Reef. These flights are extremely popular and pre-booking is always recommended!
The activity pontoon has on-board showers so you can freshen up before the journey home. It also has a lifeguard on duty at all times to keep all travelers safe.
At the end of your day
At 3.45pm the boat’s horn sounds, indicating that everyone is to return to the vessel so they aren’t left behind! At 4.00pm the vessel pulls away from the platform and you begin the hour and half journey home. During this time you can take advantage of the bar to buy drinks and souvenirs and photographs taken by the on-board photographer will be available for sale during this time. This is the perfect time to upload all your fabulous photos from the day onto Facebook, and reflect on the great day you had!
This is our most popular and best value 2 in 1 Great Barrier Reef Cruise from Cairns. Perfect for non-swimmers and for the very experienced scuba divers looking for magnificent reefs to explore.
Book early online here as this one only has limited space in peak holiday season or call us today on 1300 761 612.
Author: Emile – Tour Specialsts
WE GUARANTEE TO
MATCH THE LOWEST RATES!
- Subscribe to our Blog
- Recent Posts
- Top 5 things to do on the Great Barrier Reef
- Things to do on the Great Barrier Reef for Non-swimmers
- Introductory Scuba Divers Must Book This Great Barrier Reef Tour!
- The Ultimate Cairns Dinner Cruise
- Cairns Tours - A Local's Recommendation - Kuranda Train & Skyrail Day Trip
- Kuranda Day Tours A Day the Whole Family Will LOVE!
- Whale Watching & Swim With Whale Tours from Cairns and Port Douglas
- Cairns Cheapest and Best Dive Trips
- Cape Tribulation, Daintree & Mossman Gorge Small Group – Premium Day Tour
- Amazing 3 Day 2 Night Liveaboard Snorkel and Dive Trip Great Barrier Reef
- Recent Comments
- No comments