The Tour Specialists Tour Blog
Loving life at the Great Barrier Reef
Posted on December 1, 2013 by Sophie Tabouel
What better to do with 5 knots of wind on a hot Cairns summer day? Go to the Great Barrier Reef of course!
Silverswift is a luxurious catamaran that visits three gorgeous reef sights in the one day. Crew were helpful and friendly from the get go and extremely organised when it came to our scuba dive and snorkel briefings ensuring we all understood how the day was to flow. The reef sites we visited were breath taking!!
During my scuba dive I got up close and personal with a turtle, a Maori wrasse named Nigel and woke up a small white tip reef shark that was resting on the sand. There were fields of staghorn corals as far as the eye could see, coral bommies, anemones with their little resident clown fish and exciting coral swim throughs, caves and drop offs to sand. The snorkelling was just as beautiful, I had a surreal experience surrounded by about 30, metre long bumphead parrot fish who were scraping big chunks of coral with their humongous beak like teeth making an all mighty racket.
The Silverswift crew also kept us satisfied on the food side of things with fresh muffins and focaccia on arrival and a tasty tropical buffet lunch with the best water views in Cairns!! On the way home we all enjoyed cheese and crackers to match up with a cold beer. The boat was fully booked for the day but there was more than enough room for everyone and their belongings without it feeling crowded. I highly recommended for the avid snorkeler and scuba diver wanting to make the most of their time on the Great Barrier Reef.
For Silverswift Great Barrier Reef day tour information please read the link below
Author: Kelly – A Cairns Holiday Specialists Tour Specialist
WE GUARANTEE TO
MATCH THE LOWEST RATES!
- Subscribe to our Blog
- Recent Posts
- Top 10 Tours for Rainy Days In Cairns
- Underwater Scooter Riding on the Great Barrier Reef
- What To Do In Cairns, Queensland – Great Barrier Reef Tour To Michaelmas Cay
- Tropical North Queensland Best Family Tours
- Cairns Cheapest Tours - Cairns On A Budget
- 10 Facts About The Great Barrier Reef
- Tropical North Queensland Extended Stays - Immerse Yourself
- Tjapukai by Night - Night Fire
- Adventures Outdoors in Far North Queensland
- Port Douglas Food & Wine Tour - Atherton Tablelands
- Recent Comments
- No comments