The Tour Specialists Tour Blog
A relaxing day on Green Island
Posted on June 14, 2008 by admin
GREEN ISLAND WITH BIG CAT
What a relaxing day, we chose to go over on the 11:00am departure on the Reef Rocket so that way in true Sunday morning style I still got my sleep in. We had to be down at the Fleet Terminal at 10:30am for check in and soon after boarding we were off. The day was quiet windy however still enjoyable. Once arriving to the Island we went straight to the Big Cat for our buffet lunch and off to explore the Island. First we went for a bit of a walk around the outside of the Island and had a look at the beaches and then we discovered Marineland Melanasia the nautical and croc museum on Green Island, it was so interesting and the Crocs are huge.
After our croc adventure we then got an Ice Cream and then off to our semi – sub tour. There was such an abundance of beautiful fish and marine life it was truly fantastic. Whilst on the tour we they feed the fish and went through and pointed out and gave us a bit of information on each type of fish which was really interesting.
After our tour we headed back to Marineland Melanesia to watch the Turtle and Croc feeding and to hold the baby croc. It was absolutely fantastic, the Turtles were exquisite, I wanted to steal one and take it home as a pet. The Croc feeding was unreal; they get a four metre Croc jumping up out the water to the point that the water splashes you over the fence.
We then decided to retreat to the pool and relax before departing the Island. Big Cat Bookings & Information
Erin – The Tour Specialists
WE GUARANTEE TO
MATCH THE LOWEST RATES!
- Subscribe to our Blog
- Recent Posts
- Where can I go whale watching in Cairns?
- Cairns Horse Riding and ATV Quad Biking Thru Sugar Cane Fields And Mud
- Animal Encounters in Cairns
- Rescue Diver Scared To Go Out On Tourist Boat To Dive In Cairns – Tourists & Global Warming
- Cairns Sunset Dinner Cruise | Spirit of Cairns
- Why the Skyrail and Kuranda Scenic Railway really are great activities for a rainy day
- Cairns Cruise Ship Passenger Shore Tour Options
- How to Choose the best Kuranda Tours WHAT'S MY STYLE, GOLD CLASS OR HERITAGE CLASS?
- Top 5 things to do on the Great Barrier Reef
- Things to do on the Great Barrier Reef for Non-swimmers
- Recent Comments
- No comments