The Tour Specialists Tour Blog
Cooktown Discovery Festival – 6 -8 June
Posted on May 31, 2008 by admin
Cooktown is getting ready to celebrate it’s history with the annual Discovery Festival which is to be held over the Queen’s Birthday long weekend June 6 – 8. The Dutch Tall Ship Duyfken will be in town at the wharf. There will be Tourism expo and a tropical carnivale with rides, games and sideshows.
This annual event will be opened officially by Federal Minister for Liechhardt Jim Turnour, State Member for Cook Jason O’Brien and Cook Shire Mayor Peter Scott.
The main event of the festival is the re-enactment of the landing of Lt Cook and the Endeavour Crew. The first performance of the re-enactment took place 189 years after Cook’s landing this year will the 49th re-enactment.
Events throughout the celebration also include a play called Farewell James My Darling which is an insight to how life was in the early days, live bands a finale fireworks display, billy cart races, belly dancers, fire artists and it promises to be a fun event for all!!
With so much happening this is a great weekend to discover Cooktown!
For accommodation in Cooktown please visit Cairns Holiday Specialists
WE GUARANTEE TO
MATCH THE LOWEST RATES!
- Subscribe to our Blog
- Recent Posts
- Top 10 Tours for Rainy Days In Cairns
- Underwater Scooter Riding on the Great Barrier Reef
- What To Do In Cairns, Queensland – Great Barrier Reef Tour To Michaelmas Cay
- Tropical North Queensland Best Family Tours
- Cairns Cheapest Tours - Cairns On A Budget
- 10 Facts About The Great Barrier Reef
- Tropical North Queensland Extended Stays - Immerse Yourself
- Tjapukai by Night - Night Fire
- Adventures Outdoors in Far North Queensland
- Port Douglas Food & Wine Tour - Atherton Tablelands
- Recent Comments
- No comments