The Tour Specialists Tour Blog
The Largest Butterfly Aviary In Australia
Posted on August 27, 2013 by Sophie Tabouel
Whether youâ€™re 1 or 101â€¦ Everyone loves butterflies!
Located in the heart of the delightful Rainforest township of Kuranda, just a short stroll from the Kuranda Scenic Railway Station, The Australian Butterfly Sanctuary, is must see for all visitors!
As a local, I am blessed by having wonderful nature attractions like this at my door step. There is something so enchanting about The Australian Butterfly Sanctuary that lures me back time and time again! I just canâ€™t get enough!
From the moment you walk through the cute little gift shop you will be delighted by the local species of Butterflies that are fluttering around in a variety of colours, shapes and sizes from the majestic fluoro green giant Birdwing to the elusive azure blue Ulysses!
Over 1500 butterflies inhabit the Sanctuary!
You can join one of the free guided tours which are very informative.Â Did you know that butterflies taste with their feet? Youâ€™ll see the breeding lab and discover what the world looks like through a butterflyâ€™s eyes!
How to get there?
The best way to visit The Australian Butterfly Sanctuary is to join a day trip including the Kuranda Scenic Rail, free time in Kuranda and the Skyrail. These day trips are great value combining several experiences in one day. Â Trips run daily and transfers to and from your accommodation are included in most packages. Click here for more information.
Family (2x Adults + 2x children): $47.50
Open daily from 9:45am to Â 4:00pm, 364 days a year (closed Christmas Day)!
To book your trip to Kuranda, ring us now on 1300 761 612
Author:Â Leah – A Cairns Holiday Specialists Tour Specialist
WE GUARANTEE TO
MATCH THE LOWEST RATES!
- Subscribe to our Blog
- Recent Posts
- Cairns Cruise Ship Passenger Shore Tour Options
- How to Choose the best Kuranda Tours WHAT'S MY STYLE, GOLD CLASS OR HERITAGE CLASS?
- Top 5 things to do on the Great Barrier Reef
- Things to do on the Great Barrier Reef for Non-swimmers
- Introductory Scuba Divers Must Book This Great Barrier Reef Tour!
- The Ultimate Cairns Dinner Cruise
- Cairns Tours - A Local's Recommendation - Kuranda Train & Skyrail Day Trip
- Kuranda Day Tours A Day the Whole Family Will LOVE!
- Whale Watching & Swim With Whale Tours from Cairns and Port Douglas
- Cairns Cheapest and Best Dive Trips
- Recent Comments
- No comments