The Tour Specialists Tour Blog
Cairns Horse Riding Tour
Posted on July 4, 2013 by Sophie Tabouel
Thank You Blazing Saddles Adventures
My daughter and her girlfriend are mad keen horsey girls so I arranged with Annie and Blythe from Blazing Saddles Adventures for them to go horse riding this weekend on their property at Yorkeys Knob.
We booked the 9.00am arrival session and the girls went out for a leisurely ride through the paddocks and around the wetlands where there are hundreds of migratory birds that enjoy the peace and quiet (apart from the odd crocodile taking a snap at them).
The girls got to go to the mounting yards and jump into their saddles on what looked like twin horses, two chestnuts with beautiful temperaments.
The horse ride trail navigates through cane paddocks, dense shrub and little bits of rainforest with a few hillocks thrown in here and there for some fun.
When you make a booking you need to advise of your horse riding ability to ensure they allocate the best horse to suit your level of expertise so that you can really enjoy your ride.
Whilst the girls were out riding I got to hug and play with the once little poddy calf that has now grown to a handsome adorable young bull. He has the longest eye lashes and long floppy ears and a hump on his back and I want to take him home (not for dinner) and keep him in my back yard.
Sweetie the cattle dog had another litter of 3 week old puppies that the girls fell in love with (Saachi begged for weeks to have one from her previous litter) they were stumpy tail cattle dogs and just adorable.
There were also chickens with furry feet running around the yard for the kids to chase and take a peek at.
If you are still keen for some action after horse riding then you should definitely book in for the ATV Quad bikes as they are rip roaring fun. We did not do this today as we did it a few weeks ago with all the team from www.cairnsholidayspecialists.com.au as a social event and everyone absolutely loved it.
Thank you to everyone at Blazing Saddles Adventures for looking after the girls today and for letting me cuddle your poddy calf, we will be visiting again soon.
Author: Christina – A Cairns Holiday Specialists Tour Specialist
To book call us on 1300 761 612
WE GUARANTEE TO
MATCH THE LOWEST RATES!
- Subscribe to our Blog
- Recent Posts
- Cairns Tours - A Local's Recommendation - Kuranda Train & Skyrail Day Trip
- Kuranda Day Tours A Day the Whole Family Will LOVE!
- Whale Watching & Swim With Whale Tours from Cairns and Port Douglas
- Cairns Cheapest and Best Dive Trips
- Cape Tribulation, Daintree & Mossman Gorge Small Group – Premium Day Tour
- Amazing 3 Day 2 Night Liveaboard Snorkel and Dive Trip Great Barrier Reef
- Where to Swim With Whales on The Great Barrier Reef
- My Great Barrier Reef Sand Cay Experience
- A Day Out On The Great Barrier Reef! Visiting 3 Stunning Locations
- What to Expect – Great Barrier Reef Cruise Ship Facilities
- Recent Comments
- No comments